Benefits to the Fruite Juice Producers:
- The additional drum capacity realises cost benefits throughout the supply chain – effectively realising savings in transport & shipping costs.
- Ability to store around 2000 incoming drum sets in an area that would normally store 40 standard assembled drums.
- Ability to safely stack “That Drum” at least one row higher effectively creates and additional 25% storage capacity at no additional capital cost to increase storage footprint.
- Standardising drum use; introduces operational efficiency benefits.
- Re-use of “That Drum” will significantly reduce the effective cost of drums.
- Customers satisfaction is enhanced through reuse model beatification.
Benefits to the Decanters:
- Decanters currently processing multiple, non standard mix of poor quality incoming drums causing multiple handling issues. Creating reconditioning environmental impacts.
- The ability to return drums for re-use would assist Decanter in meeting some its environmental goals.
- With standard drums in storage at any one time, the capacity advantages of “That Drum” could approximately add 10-30% freezing capacity at no additional capital cost. This being made up for extra drum capacity and the increased stacking height.
- Decanters create a USP, in offering participating producers their recovered decanted drums.
- By offering cost saving incentives for using its service, the Decanter would be able to retain and attract break bulk handling revenues.